We are still actively working on the spam issue.
The Logical Increments PC Buying Guide, commonly called "The Falcon Guide", is a guide written by tripfag "Th !e.FaLconO6" designed to help find the best computer at each price point. It is frequently updated and provides the best value at each price point at the time. See the links in the External Links section for the latest version of the guide.
How to Use
The falcon guide is not meant to be a cookie cutter guide, and is meant to be flexible. There are usually multiple parts to choose from in each section of the guide, and if the user scrolls down to the real bottom, there are detailed descriptions of what each part does, with even more choices given for different price ranges. There are also sections for builds for specific purposes, and there are also guides for peripherals such as keyboard, mice, and monitors under the guides section.
- Easy to use guide that lists the best values for money at the time
- Goes from extremely poor (<300 USD builds) to very high end (>2000 USD)
- Well researched
- Does not take into account the price of a commercial (pay) OS
- Does not always provide highest end parts
- Does not take into account combos, special deals, etc.
- Does not always have up to date prices
- Requires additional research to find what's best for each individual
The Falcon Guide, while not perfect, is very good at serving as a stepping stone to building a computer.
Old Image-based versions, for reference: