We are still actively working on the spam issue.
List of recommended OS X software
For a more complete collection of terminal applications, be sure to check the Recommended software (Linux) page.
- 1 Package Managers
- 2 Terminal Applications
- 3 File Management
- 4 FTP Clients
- 5 Monitoring
- 6 Productivity
- 7 Audio Players
- 8 Audio Tools
- 9 Video Players
- 10 Browsers
- 11 Mail
- 12 Utilities
- 13 System Maintenance
- 14 Coding
- 15 Images & Graphics
- 16 Other Platforms
- Alfred - Simple but efficient application launcher. Best in combination with the Powerpack.
- Launchbar - A little more complicated than Alfred, has a few convenient features that Alfred misses.
- Obsidian Menu Bar - Changes the color of the menu bar to black.
- Bartender - Utility to clean up and manage your menu bar.
- Geektool - Add shell scripts and images to your desktop.
- coconutBattery - Utility for checking battery health.
- Appcleaner - A free and good way to uninstall software.
- DaisyDisk - Gives you a graphical overview over your file system.
- Disk Inventory X - Free alternative to DaisyDisk.
- Gemini - Intelligent duplicate remover.
- Transmission - Simple and lightweight open source torrent client.
- rtorrent - Terminal torrent client.
Images & Graphics
- ImageAlpha - Program for reducing the file size of PNG files.
- ImageOptim - Software for reducing the size of JPG and PNG files.
- Preview - The default image viewing and editing app. Lightweight and functional alternative for simple edits.
- Skitch - Simple editing program for adding anotations to images.
- Pixelmator - A good and affordable alternative to photoshop.
- Acorn - Similar to Pixelmator.
- Sketch - Another alternative to Pixelmator.