We are still actively working on the spam issue.
This page provides a list of tech, sci-fi, and Cyberpunk-related movies worth watching.
- Summer Wars (2009)
- Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)
- Probably the best movie about the Microsoft vs. Apple war and the tech boom in the 80s-90s. Plus it's pretty fucking entertaining.
- The Social Network (2010)
- Jobs (2013)
- WarGames (1983)
- This movie convinced Ronald Reagan to make law against this movie happening. The movie is a work of fiction, however, and sadly the law still applies. It makes little sense.
- Sneakers (1992)
- Hackers (1995)
- The Net (1995)
- If you're an FSFfag, this movie shows the dangers of non-free software :^)
- 23 (1998)
- Track Down aka Takedown (2000)
- Swordfish (2001)
- John Travolta plays a wonderful crime boss who forces this computer hacker to hack into bank accounts and stuff. P great.
- Untraceable (2008)
- iSteve (2013)
- The first biopic that came out after Steve Job's death, this movie is a hilarious production from the website Funny or Die. This is also their first Feature-Length production!
- Her (2013)
Sci-Fi + Action/Adventure/Drama
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- This is a Kubrick movie, so you know it'll be good.
- Blade Runner (1982)
- One of the earliest Cyberpunk movies.
- TRON (1982)
- This movie is almost a romanticized view of the connection between programmer and program.
- The sequel to 2001: A Space Oddesy, but not a Kubrick production. "My God. It's full of Stars!"
- The Terminator (1984)
- The Governator at his best.
- Weird Science (1985)
- Two young men attempt to make a beautiful, sex crazed woman out of their computer, a doll, a modem, illegal government software, and electricity. It goes horribly right!
- Short Circuit (1986)
- "Number 5 is... Alive!"
- Excellent cyberpunk movie. TV show version was bad though.
- The Lawnmower Man (1992)
- eXistenZ (1999)
- The Matrix (1999)
- First one was pretty good. Second one was... less good. Third one was...
- The Thirteenth Floor (1999)
- Primer (2004)
- I Robot (2004)
- Will Smith in the year 2030, robots become commonplace and slaves to humans.
- Iron Man (2008)
- "I am Iron Man! Has he lost his mind? Can he see or is he blind? Who the fuck care's he's Iron Man!"
- TRON: Legacy (2010)
- Remake of the other TRON.
- Transcendence (2014)
Can be found on DEFCON site: https://www.defcon.org/html/links/dc-torrent.html
- The KGB, the Computer and Me (1990)
- The Triumph of the Nerds (1996)
- Code Rush (2000)
- Freedom Downtime (2001)
- The Code (2001)
- Revolution OS (2001)
- Stallman, Linus, etc.
- Once Upon Atari (2003)
- BBS: The Documentary (2005)
- Good Copy Bad Copy (2007)
- RiP!: A Remix Manifesto (2008)
- Hackers Wanted (2009)
- The Fifth Estate (2013)
All about Aaron Schwartz's long fight with Copyright law, and his suicide before trial
- Citizenfour (2014)
- Digital Amnesia (2014)
- Atari Game Over (2014)