We are still actively working on the spam issue.
RSS stands for Really Simple Syncication. RSS allows users to keep track of multiple websites via feeds through a single application. It is too complicated for the typical Zoomer to understand, so only oldfags use it these days. However, it can be extremely useful for things like Youtube subscriptions without a Google account and torrent releases if you are a /ptg/ fag and need to keep a seed ratio.
Recommended RSS Clients
- Emacs Elfeed - Read RSS feeds in the Emacs.
- Liferea - Linux Feed Reader is a featureful graphical feedreader for the Linux desktop. It features reading articles offline, playing podcasts, and synchronizing with multiple cloud services (including the self-hosted TinyTinyRSS).
- Mozilla Thunderbird - Email client that has an RSS feed reader built in.
- qBittorrent - As well as a BitTorrent client, qBittorrent can be used to track RSS feeds and can auto-download torrent links from the feed.
- QuiteRSS - A GPLv3 cross-platform RSS/Atom feed reader based on Qt toolkit. Can be quite slow but auto converts YouTube channel links to RSS feeds.
Command Line Interface: