We are still actively working on the spam issue.
Jesus christ, why do we need Google Captcha. Besides training evil AIs, it is a nuisance of a service that doesn't work right. --Se7en(1) (talk) 23:50, 30 December 2018 (EST)
- Here's another issue. I, a logged in user, have to perform a captcha to submit an external link. Wikipedia doesn't even do that. There are other captcha services, btw. --Se7en(1) (talk) 21:00, 19 March 2019 (EDT)
Running list of ideas:
- $wgSpamRegex - doing this already
- StopFormSpam - worth looking into, will likely have to disable cloudflare
- ConfirmEdit - doing this already with Captcha NoRecaptcha, may be worth going back to questy captcha with a lot more questions...
- Clean Talk - looks similar to StopForumSpam but possibly not updated for 1.3.1
- Follow these instructions to import Wikipedia templates here and here