We are still actively working on the spam issue.
The Spam Problem
Jesus christ, why do we need Google Captcha. Besides training evil AIs, it is a nuisance of a service that doesn't work right. --Se7en(1) (talk) 23:50, 30 December 2018 (EST)
- Here's another issue. I, a logged in user, have to perform a captcha to submit an external link. Wikipedia doesn't even do that. There are other captcha services, btw. --Se7en(1) (talk) 21:00, 19 March 2019 (EDT)
The bots seem to only make accounts and edit user pages. A primitive approach would be to autoban users that try to edit/create userpages before contributing something else to the wiki. As in, new (real human) users need to contribute to some page on the wiki before they are allowed to make their own page. If I'm being retarded let me know. --Owsum (talk) 09:37, 5 May 2019 (EDT)
I just ended sooooo many shitposting careers. If you got deleted, congratulations! You failed the Turing Test. We should either do *something* about this here or move somewhere else that doesn't have a spam problem. Maybe hosting the wiki on Github is more appropriate. --Yuki (talk) 22:27, 9 May 2019 (EDT)
- An issue has become with the newest Spam Measure. You said that if you edit your user page, you fail the localized Turing Test. It isn't working. These spam accounts are editing their user pages over 20 times and are not banned. --Se7en(1) (talk) 23:51, 31 May 2019 (EDT)
Running list of ideas:
- $wgSpamRegex - doing this already
- StopFormSpam - worth looking into, will likely have to disable cloudflare
- ConfirmEdit - doing this already with Captcha NoRecaptcha, may be worth going back to questy captcha with a lot more questions...
- Clean Talk - looks similar to StopForumSpam but possibly not updated for 1.3.1
- Follow these instructions to import Wikipedia templates here and here
We have a page for multiple forms of media, including TV Series, Movies, and Music. Should we add a page for Radio? Science-Fiction radio had existed for decades before television classics such as The Twilight Zone, and often the Sci-Fi shows of the early tv audience were actually rewritten radio scripts (Such as The Twilight Zone episode The Hitch-Hiker was first aired on the radio program The Orson-Welles' Show, and later-on the radio show Dimension X. Other notable programs include The Shadow, the aformentioned Dimension X, The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Adventures of Superman, and many, many others. --Se7en(1) (talk) 01:49, 30 March 2019 (EDT)
"Recommended software" line is currently under the software tab. However this link is to category of recommendations that are mostly hardware.
It appears that the main purpose was to link to the 4 pages that are the lists for recommended software for android / GNU+Linux / OSX / Windows.