We are still actively working on the spam issue.
Tech News Sites
Revision as of 07:26, 11 May 2019 by Owsum (Luke Smith's podcast isn't tech related, and his tech related stuff arn't podcasts.)
- DistroWatch — Linux distro release news and a weekly newsletter. Also has a decent list of Linux/open source focused podcasts.
- Slashdot — As old as the internet, has changed hands too many times to count and is run by idiots. However the community that visits/comments on the articles are top notch.
- SoylentNews — A fork of Slashdot from early 2014 (the infamous "Slashdot Beta" era). Good, but much smaller community.
- ArsTechnica — Decent writers on staff. Covers all things tech. Sometimes may be biased when talking about Linux, that's why it's called ArseTechnica sometimes.
- EFF — Legal issues and open internet news.
- Phoronix — Free and open-source software news, benchmarks, and more!
- TechDirt — Focuses more on legal and copyright issues than general technology.
- The Register — Important stories reported with a loose feel. The security section is particularly fun.
- TorrentFreak — Focus on torrent and copyright issues. If your tracker is down, these guys will know why.
- Wired — More consumerist than ArsTechnica and falling towards clickbait headlines as of 2015. Good security section.
- The Linux Journal - News about GNU/Linux Software
- Armed and Dangerous - "Sex, software, politics, and firearms. Life's simple pleasures..." ESR's blog
- Going Linux — Biweekly beginner linux podcast which takes it's time and lives on listener feedback.
- Jupiter Broadcasting — A podcasting network with several excellent tech related shows.
- Risky Business — Weekly infosec podcast featuring security news, feature interviews and a sponsored interview.
- Brian Lunduke - The Lunduke Hour. He is head editor for The Linux Journal too