We are still actively working on the spam issue, the wiki may be restored to an earlier date and account creation may be disabled.
- Syndicate (1993) - RTS with a cyberpunk theme.
- Syndicate Wars (1996) - RTS with a cyberpunk theme.
- Uplink (2001) - Terminal hacking simulator.
- Enter the Matrix (2003) - Written by the Matrix creators and containing an hour of original, movie quality cutscenes filmed during Matrix 2, this game was broken as fuck on launch and disappointed millions of fans. Even with official patches and fan fixes it's still shit. If you're keen, watch someone on youtube play through it.
- The Matrix: Path of Neo (2005) - While playable, it's still really bad. Gamifies all your favourite Neo scenes from the movies, and has snippets of film straight from the movie. While it is playable, you don't want to play it. Watch someone else do it on youtube, or just play the original Max Payne.
- Darwinia (2005) - RTS with an AI theme.
- DEFCON (2006) - WarGames simulator.
- Watch Dogs (2014) - Grand Theft Auto clone with hacking elements. The most "hacking" you'll ever do is press x to interact with a random electronic thing, good for making webms of killing people while looking at their personality.
- Hacknet (2015) - Very similar to Uplink.
- Watch Dogs 2 (2016) - The Saints Row 2 of Watch Dogs. Rather absurd portayal of hacking, will make you cringe at times.
- Superhot (2016) - FPS with MS-DOS-as-fuck menus and theme.
While not necessarily hacker related, playing an ASCII only terminal game is pretty nerdy.
- NetHack (1987 - ongoing) - A roguelike with a fantasy theme.
- Dwarf Fortress (2006 - ongoing) - Village management simulator with a fantasy theme. Very deep gameplay for its very shallow graphics.
Main Article: MUD
In the beginning there were text adventures (go north, get key, use key chest). Then there were Multi User Dungeons. Text only MMORPGs usually connected to via Telnet which date back to the pre-web BBS days and beyond.
- The Mud Connector will help you find a local MUD.
FOSS video games
- OpenMW - Morrowind open-source engine (you still need data from an original CD or an ISO).
- OpenRA - An open-source implementation of Command & Conquer: Red Alert.
- Freeciv - A kind of turn-based game from the 90s.
- Supertuxkart - The Emacs of video games.
- Battle for Wesnoth - A turn-based strategy game made by a cripple who likes guns.
- Nexuiz - An open-source FPS.
- Open Arena - Same shit as Nexuiz.
- Sauerbraten - A "not too bad" FPS.
- Red Eclipse - An ass-smelly FPS.
- CorsixTH - Theme Hospital reimplementation (needs original files).
- AssaultCube - Half way between Quake and Counter-Strike. Contains many different gamemodes.
- Aleph One - A continuation of Bungie's Marathon Engine for the now-free Marathon games, supports the original trilogy plus many fan projects.
- OpenTomb - Cross Platform port of Tomb Raider 1-5, early in development.
- SOMA - Go on a wacky adventure with some faggot book store clerk from Toronto and his autistic sidekick. A very deep and thought provoking game.
- System Shock - Stop
HAL9000SHODAN's evil plans.
- Marathon A Security Officer on the UESC Marathon colony ship gets led on through a convoluted trilogy that has a way better story than that other Bungie game. Shoot aliens in Doom style and take breaks to read story terminals.
- System Shock (1994) - Another cult classic, gameplay is a bit clunky compared to today's games, but it's still a great game.
- SiN (1998) Dreadlock-wearing Hardcorps Colonel John Blade and his "hip" hacker sidekick JC work to take out SinTEK and their comically sexual mad scientist Elexis Sinclaire.
- Deus Ex (2000) - A classic that is still widely revered today, it has a rich story and deep gameplay. Must play.
- Neotokyo (2009) - A multiplayer-only game with visuals insipred by Ghost in the Shell and Akira, a fantastic OST composed by Ed Harrison and gameplay similar to Counter-Strike.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011) - It's a prequel to Deus Ex, it's decent, but not as good as the original. Still better than Invisible War.
- RUINER (2017) - An isometric beat-em-up with extremely fast-paced and kinda hard gameplay. Starring some guy with a dope LED mask, his kidnapped brother, a qt3.14 hacker and a mega-corporation!