We are still actively working on the spam issue.
(Redirected from TV Shows)
For series dedicated to /a/ regulars, see TV Series/Anime
This page provides a list of technology, sci-fi, and cyberpunk related TV Series, documentaries, and other TV Shows
- Svengoolie (1970-Present)
- Rubber chicken's galore, watch as Svengoolie presents the terrible movies of yesteryear!
- Elvira's Movie Macabre (1981-1986, 2011, 2014)
- Watch Evilra, Mistress of the Dark as she presents the horror, the thrills, and the chills of the most terrible movies ever made!
- Max Headroom (1987-1988)
- Based on the movie of the same name. Worse than the movie in every way.
- You probably only know about this because of that one time a bunch of kids took over a news station with max headrooms head. Dont watch it just because of that. In fact, dont watch it for any reason. Why is this listed?
- MST3K (1988-Present)
- In the not-too-distant future -- Next Sunday, AD, There was a guy named Joel, not too different than you or me. He worked in a satellite loading bay, just polishing switches to pay his way; He did his job well with a cheerful face, But his bosses didn't like him so they shot him into space!
- "We'll send him cheesy movies, the worst ever made." Joel says when you got lemons, you make lemonade. Now keep in mind he can't control when the movies begin or end, because he used the extra parts to make his robot friends.
- If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts: Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax For Mystery Science Theater 3000."
- The I.T. Crowd (2006-2013)
- British sitcom about two tech support nerds and their increasingly ridiculous adventures. By the same writer as Father Ted and Black Books.
- Silicon Valley (2014-present)
- In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. A comedy partially inspired by Mike Judge's own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late 1980s.
- The Prisoner (1967-1968)
- A former unnamed spy is kidnapped and taken to a bizarre, surreal island staffed by an international conspiracy who wish to know why he resigned. He is only known as Number 6. The Island is run by a man known only as Number 1, whom is never seen even by the co-head of the island, Number 2. The person whom is Number 2 is a pseudo-democratically elected person out of the denizens of the island.
- Mr. Robot (2015-present)
- A young hacker who suffers from social anxiety disorder and forms connections through hacking. He's recruited by a mysterious anarchist, who calls himself Mr. Robot. Season 1 was the best, then it loses its tact and becomes odd and stupid.
- Bits and Bytes (1983-1984, 1991)
- A Canadian television show explaining computer topics in layman's terms for the general public.
- Computer Chronicles (1983-2002)
- A show produced by PBS documenting the rise of the personal computer.
- The Screen Savers (1998-2005)
- The former Tech TV's most popular show. It was in a talk-show format. Died when TechTV was killed by Comcast.
- Unscrewed with Martin Sargent (2003-2004)
- A spin-off of The Screen Savers, it also was a talk-show format. It was more about the culture of the new internet than tech in general. Sargent's reported binge drinking adventures, and pornography. Famous for giving an early interview to Dr. Gene Ray of Time Cube fame.
- The New Screen Savers (2015-2018)
- A revival of The Screen Savers by the original cast.
- The Twilight Zone (1959-1964, 1985-1989, 2002-2003, 2019-present)
- A classic of science fiction, follow Rod Sterling as he enters tales of The Twilight Zone, an area where the limit is only that of the imagination
- The Outer Limits (1963-1965, 1995-2002)
- There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly, and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits. Please stand by.
- Doctor Who (1969-1986, 1996, 2005-Present)
- A classic in the history of Sci-Fi, follow Dr. Who, the last member of an alien race known as the Time Lords traveling throughout the Space-Time Continuum with a number of companions he picks up along the way.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)
- A BBC Miniseries on the franchise.
- Stargate (1994, 1997-2007, 2008, 2009, 2004-2009, 2009-2011, 2018)
- A long-running franchise of films and tv shows, it shows the hidden history of the gods and goddesses of legend, all having am inter-stellar confederation that travel using a device known as the Star Gate.
- Black Mirror (2011-present)
- Each episode of Black Mirror is it's own independent mini-movie. Most episodes are based around a near-future reality where technology dominates the character's lives. Much like the terrible show Reddit and Memey, the creators became ego-centric after they became popular and began to think that their entertainment show could be a vehicle for political discourse. However, unlike Reddit and Memey, they do not think themselves the greatest thing since God himself.