We are still actively working on the spam issue.
Talk:Chinese shit general
Update: I've fixed the formatting, more edits will be done to comply with Help:Editing. 07:45, 4 May 2016 (EDT)
I feel that the formatting I changed it to this morning made more sense since it produced a meaningful index, whereas in its current incarnation you're pretty much going to have to scroll through the whole article to get to what you're looking for. Can you undo your reversion please? Alternatively we could spin the phones/IEMs/etc sections out into their own separate articles and have the Chink Shit General page itself act simply as a sort of glorified index.
- That one, convinces me. But this one, makes no sense. 09:43, 12 May 2016 (EDT)
- Also, we don't have any standard procedures regarding TOC limits so I decided to remove it altogether. 09:45, 12 May 2016 (EDT)
Reworking section 5.
As we all know, section 5 is very heavy, cluttering all the sections. Some people at /csg/ has suggested separating these parts and making separate subpages. However, I'm only going to separate what's in section 3 (except Phones, there's going to be a separate section for it). Any comments before I start working on these? 10:46, 12 May 2016 (EDT)
- I'm assuming that your reference to section 3 there is a typo. I was thinking about attempting the same myself but I'm very grateful you've indicated a willingness to take on the task, since as you can no doubt see from my brief editing history I am an abject spastic at this. The only major question is how deep to make it; are you planning on simply having a subpage for, say, tablets with infodumps on all the models there, or have the tablets page act as a brief summary of the current state of the Chink tablet market, with subpages to individual models coming off that? I'm inclined to suggest the latter since it should make it easier to both read and edit, but you seem to know what you're talking about much better than I do. --Faglord (talk) 11:14, 12 May 2016 (EDT)
- At first, it's going to be the former because that's the only information I have (I literally have no idea of any Chink products, I'm not an expert in that field). But of course, /csg/ can expand it into the latter minus the subpages being individual model + reviews (exception if the reviews are in-depth and extensive).
In my opinion the link to the /csg/ Discord should stay because the purpose of the article is to help people learn about /csg/ and it's a notable offshoot community from the /csg/ threads: the Discord link often gets posted in the OP. Yuki (talk) 03:54, 19 July 2019 (CEST)
Name/Terminology Changes: "Chinese Stuff General"
There have been a lot of unwarranted changes to this page so I'm going to weigh in. While I personally agree the name is racist, and wish a different name had been selected by the community, for the purposes of this wiki impartially documenting the racism of others will not itself be considered a form of racism, and the tactics used to change the established terminology are inappropriate for this wiki. Here are a few of the misconceptions or misconducts I've seen on this thread:
- - Please do not move a page by deleting its contents from one page and pasting them somewhere else. These pages can be moved without destroying the history. You should contact an admin if you don't have permission.
- - Please do not start edit wars. Proper resolution of these situations does not involve changing the page to your liking. You need to move the discussion to the Talk pages.
- - Contributions to the wiki should be verifiable. The content posted to /g/ defines what appears on the wiki, not the other way around. The proposed name alteration is definitely not supported by our source material.
- - The name does not violate Wikipedia rules. Wikipedia and most other wikis do allow racist terms where diluting the term would interfere with the reader's understanding. An example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggers_in_the_White_House. The proposed change will most certainly confuse readers.
Without any further discussion, I will allow a section at the bottom of this article that impartially covers the /csg/ name dispute and the ultimate decision of the /g/ community. A link to the mentioned poll would be helpful in this section. Please remember to fairly balance this section. For all other desired changes, please discuss them in this Talk page first. This is appropriate for the removal of loaded terms when said removal does not interfere with the reader's understanding (see neutral viewpoint.
Reverting the terminology to "chinese stuff" or "chinese stuff general" any further without a discussion will result in a ban.
- Poll is here and responses came from this post/thread (a few responses may have come directly from the wiki users since it has been linked here). There has been discussion on the Main Page and also on Esio's Page. I have made multiple attempts to try and talk to Esio and come to an agreement or at least have a discussion, yet he is unwilling (as can be seen on the main talk page, esio's talk page and even my own Talk page).
- Also, ironically Esio told another contributor to "go someplace else if you want to spam Chinese" (see edit summary), which is funny considering he is trying to make this a Chinese safe space and has done nothing but spam the literal string "chinese" --Owsum (talk) 05:02, 25 March 2020 (CET)
- Eiso has returned to this spam. --Se7en(1) (talk) 22:34, 26 March 2020 (CET)