We are still actively working on the spam issue.
Edward Snowden is a former employee of the NSA and whistleblower. In 2011, Snowden released sensitive documents regarding PRISM, XKeyscore, Tempora, and other NSA operations. The NSA and media outlets have called Snowden a traitor, while other sources hail him as a hero. Snowden's leaks are likely one of the defining events of the decade for the internet. Citizenfour is the name of a documentary about Mr. Snowden, filmed by Laura Poitras. Thisthe first interview of Snowden done in person rather through proxy, with Brian Williams of NBC.
A week after publication of his leaks began, technology news provider Ars Technica confirmed that Snowden had been an active participant at the site's online forum from 2001 through May 2012, discussing a variety of topics under the pseudonym "TheTrueHOOHA". Other online nicknames include Edowaado and Phish.
In a January 2009 entry, Snowden exhibited strong support for the United States' security state apparatus and said he believed leakers of classified information "should be shot in the balls". However, in February 2010, TheTrueHOOHA wrote, "Did we get to where we are today via a slippery slope that was entirely within our control to stop? Or was it a relatively instantaneous sea change that sneaked in undetected because of pervasive government secrecy?"
In the interviews from the Snowden film Citizenfour, interviewers noted that Snowden's laptop displayed stickers supporting internet freedom organizations including the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project. When asked, Snowden stated that he was "neither traitor nor hero. I'm an American."
In 2014 Snowden stated that "women have the right to make their own choices" and supported providing "a basic income for people who have no work, or no meaningful work".
- "Would a gay man know that much about buying chemicals?" Source
- "The NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. If I wanted to see your emails or your wife's phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your emails, passwords, phone records, credit cards. I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things... I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under." Source
- "[...]Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." Source
- "WTF NYTIMES [...] Are they TRYING to start a war? [...] They're reporting classified shit [...] about an unpopular country surrounded by enemies already engaged in a war and about our interactions with said country regarding planning sovereignity violations of another country[!] [...] moreover, who the fuck are the anonymous sources telling them this? [...] those people should be shot in the balls." Source
- "[I Have] Two sons: Lashawnda and Tamiqua; Ages 11 and 12 respectively. [My] Accessory Fetish: Colored Sunglasses (Purple). [my] Fighting Styles: Ni-Ten Ichiryu, Muay Thai, Brazilian Juijitsu, Girly Biting and Scratching[.]" Source
- "So anyway, there I was, surrounded by beautiful, nubile young girls... wait, has this been done before? I got bullied into being the editor of this fine specimen of a website by a gaggle of artists. Pens can really hurt. I like to write, simply because it's a way for me to use adjectives. I always wanted to write RPG campaigns with my spare time, but I'll get about three missions in and scrap the world for my next, better, powergamin' build. Corp Por, OSI. Source
- "Did anyone else ask a volunteer for help? I got sick of them and declared jihad on them, myself." Source
- "You see, I act arrogant and cruel because I was not hugged enough as a child, and because the public education system turned it's wretched, spikéd back on me." Source
Ed Snowden's album Gold Plated Ex. from Pimpdaddy Records (source)