We are still actively working on the spam issue.
There's a warning about win10 style spyware in win7. This is good, but it contains a link to some mega.co.nz link for a solution. This has problems:
- mega.co.nz might go the way of megaupload.com and become a dead link.
- It's not an official website, so it's to be instinctively untrusted.
Is there an official link for this software? Everything I can DuckDuckGo references back to a ghacks.net article (lol). If the developer can't even make a github page I'd be more suspicious of his program than I would of a Win7 iso on KickAss Torrents by a trusted uploader (which all claim to have skipped the spyware updates).
Updating Windows 7 with WSUS
I have been trying to find the best way to update a fresh install of Windows 7. Preferably a way that avoids Windows 10 bloat. I came across this program, which allows you to download and install selected updates for various versions of Windows. I have downloaded the updates but I have not installed them yet. Ill post my results once I try.
Is WSUS Offline Update a good way to update Win7? Because if it is we should probably include it in the guide (I can write an article on it).
Here's a link: http://www.wsusoffline.net/
- Strangely enough when I tried to update my PC, my PC restored itself to a previous point where few things were installed. I have no idea why it did this. WSUS seemed to be doing its job, installing updates, but I question why it restored itself like it did. Luckily I made a restore point before running WSUS, so I have all of my files back.
- Can anyone provide any insight on why this happened? --Theredpikmin (talk) 20:52, 21 June 2016 (EDT)
- Since I don't use Windows, I can't say whether it is a good way or not. But, I guess we can have more options on updating Windows 7, good and bad (NOT malicious). (Although, please, do some test before confirming it work or not.) 11:49, 22 June 2016 (EDT)
The Aegis Script is dead. The guy deleted his account and uploaded version 1.18 to Github, saying some stuff about voat censorship. Bottom line, the script is dead.
We need to reflect that and/or start developing it ourselves. It is the one defense we have against Normies without OSPEC, as —with knowing the horrors of Windows 10— the illegal spyware functionality they ported to it endangers all users around them and on the internet (e.g. their active IRC chat session). We need to demand normies at least run this script. It needs to be actively developed, and someone needs to take the reins.
The situation is a direct parallel to the movie The Net, except much more wide-scale and much more dangerous. This danger is extended through the modern frequent use of the computer. In addition to this, it is not only government computers being attacked via a Trojan Horse (like in the movie), but in fact everyone, as in 1996 the internet and computers were really in their infancy and not yet adapted to mainstream use. Now, computers are entirely an everyday part of life. The Trojan Horse in the movie was virus scanning software, but now it is an actual system in its entirety, something out of pure fantasy in 1996.
The Windows 10 system is a Trojan Horse designed to harm and steal the information of not only the users of the system, but of everyone around it. This underlying rootkit-like software was later ported to Windows 7 through Windows 8 Service Pack 1 via Windows Update. Because these systems were not designed to be data-mining machines (which I know is technically up to debate, but I mean the fundamentals), the rootkit could easily be removed again. This is why we need this script. Who is going to take the reins? It is an urgent matter that is honestly —and not exaggerating— perhaps a matter of National Security and public safety.
Hopefully Microsoft will be tried for Treason, and will eventually end the Windows system all together. For now, the script is a top priority (other than ensuring no one uses Windows 10, nor uses Windows 10 around you).
--Se7en (talk) 00:17, 27 June 2016 (EDT)
- Uh... While I don't understand many parts of your intention, of course you can add this script to the article if it means cleaning up bloat, spyware, and all other shit Windows 7 has. 06:39, 29 June 2016 (EDT)
- The concern is the quasi-ZOG surveillance state, led by an unholy alliance of Zionist Supremacists, Jews, and Leftists, that's primary purpose is to monitor dissenters rather than monitoring terrorist activity (it's declared purpose). The Jew-Led Board of Directors led by the great corporate leader Bill Gates, deserving to be imprisoned for his Monopolies and total control of the Computer field, has created a surveillance network that may or may not directly report user (and surrounding user) actives to the NSA, in a fashion that rivals Orwell, Huxley, Wells, Bradbury, and all the greats. For example, if you have a Windows computer (say version 7) and take it to a coffee shop, then someone walks in with a Windows 10 system, every device (including your own) has now been data-mined through Bluetooth, and wireless fidelity. There is also a high probability that the Windows system supports things that it doesn't appear to, such as the EXT# File system, so it could also be harming GNU/Linux systems as well. There is no way to confirm this that I know of.
- The primary problem we need to address for the moment is that the script is no longer being actively maintained. Someone needs to begin to make the script again. I have neither the time nor the courage to use Windows 7 or 8 to test revisions to the script. After enough persons begin using this script, maybe then they will boycott Windows (as they now know of its evils) and the treason organization known as Microsoft will be disbanded.
- Microsoft has committed Treason in a few ways. The first and most immediate is that they have datamined computers belonging to the Federal Government of the United States and have run them through their international servers. The second is that Microsoft rigged the 2016 Iowa Caucus, making it more favorable for Marco Rubio (who was his biggest financial donator), and adding fake votes for Hillary Clinton, making her and Bernie "The Commie" Sanders nearly tie.
- Who will continue to maintain the script and fight these evil traitors, sell-outs, cucks, and Zionist Supremacists representing the Quasi-ZOG? Someone needs to, and it can not be me. It is the only defense we currently have against Normies. A user of Windows 7 through Windows 10 ruins the OSPEC of all persons, making encryption useless and allows direct logging of all Private Messages, such as on IRC or through Tox. Someone needs to urgently address this matter, and continue the script.
- --Se7en (talk) 20:37, 30 June 2016 (EDT)
Since the Aegis script hasn't been mantained in a long time why not just replace that with the Ancile script? It's simply a fork of the aegis. https://bitbucket.org/matthewlinton/ancile/downloads Sagerion (talk) 18:25, 26 November 2016 (EST)