Use this list to keep track of anything that needs the community's attention. If you finish something on this list, feel free to remove it.
If you're requesting new content, check the When to make an article section of the wiki guide to make sure your request conforms to the community policy. Don't ask for "more" information on software or an OS: request content as specifically as possible and contextualize your request with why it belongs on our, instead of their, wiki.
- General wiki tasks:
- Add decentralized VPNS and comparisons between centralized and decentralized VPNs in VPNs
- DragonflyBSD is reportedly a stub and need to be either removed or expanded.
- Webcams + how to set them up on Linux
- Recommended Web Hosting (free/paid)
Change "Recommended Software" link on Main Page to a real page, rather than the disambiguation page. (need admins)
- Add Sci-Fi Radio Programs to Media Pages
- Alternate Linux kernels and patches article:
- More open hardware, like the GTA04.
How to install Libreboot. Completed, would like input/additions from other users.
- Flesh out Malware removal
- Update List of recommended Windows software and List of recommended GNU/Linux software because they're both old as fuck and important/integral guides to new and old users alike
- Help out the Communication page
- Computer science needs to be more about computer science in general and less about specific algorithms/data types.
- Undo the vandalism by Esio
- Provide simple configuration for ALSA
- Make links to the following pages that are otherwise invisible or suggest them to be deleted:
- Firefox is in desperate need of updating after Mozilla killed their support for addons.
- Merge GNU Social and Pleroma
- Maybe relate Harmful software and Uriel to Software minimalism
- Document the evils of Oracle
- Linux Directory Structure (and compare to Windows directories)
- Walkthrough of gnu coreutils for the linux newbies
- Potentially make a single youtube eceleb page, this is to avoid making a page per eceleb.
- Virtual Reality
- Noteworthy people in tech. List people who are important, but not important enough for their own page.
- Gauge reader interest. Maybe make a thread on /g/. What do people want?
- Maybe a page for common programming problems/exercises/memes. Shit like fizz buzz, etc.